This seminar will be led by Larry Zanoff, one of the managers of the Weapons Department for Independent Studio Services, and is designed to be a general awareness class for members from all crafts. It will focus on on-set safety when prop guns are present. The purpose is to help members be aware of the protocols and help maintain a safe, informed set when guns are being utilized. This is not a "how-to" class on handling guns.
Larry is an experienced, dynamic teacher who has worked in the industry for many years. He will utilize presentation, discussion, and demonstration to cover:
- Background on prop weapons used on set
- On-set professionalism and proper etiquette when weapons are on set
- Safety rules, regulations, and protocols
- Legalities, licenses, and permits
- Types of blanks, different loads of blanks, and their appropriate use
- Weapons types and their correct use
DATE: March 11, 2017
LOCATION: Canton, MA
INSTRUCTOR: Larry Zanoff, Independent Studio Services
This course is made possible through the IATSE TTF Supported Course Program. If you are interested in this training, contact Local 481 for more information.