This training will have an emphasis on working as a set lighting tech on a working set location as part of the electric dept. It is necessary for trainees to have a working knowledge of set power (cable) and distribution to obtain the full benefit of this training.
- The duties and responsibilities of a set lighting tech and how to safely perform them
- Personal equipment
- The work belt parts and pieces and the importance of utilizing them safely
- Knowledge of equipment platforms (stands) and their safe operation
- Knowledge of all categories of lighting fixtures (Fresnels, Parabolics, softlights, etc.)
- Tungsten,HMIs,LEDs, etc.
- Personal safety (proper lifting and transporting techniques of lighting equipment)
- GELS-Corrections and Diffusions
- Why and how they are utilized in set lighting
- Importance of proper inclement weather gear (rain and cold weather gear)
- Proper and appropriate footwear
- The importance of observing and implementing safety protocols and procedures at all times
- Trainees will participate in actual lighting scenarios in this training
DATES: July 10-11, 2018
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
INSTRUCTOR: Nathaniel Kendrick, Jr., Chief Lighting Tech
This course is made possible through the IATSE TTF Course Reimbursement Program. If you are interested in this training, contact Local 479 for more information.