Certification & Exam Reimbursement
The IATSE Training Trust Fund reimburses individuals for the successful completion of certain certification/recertification exams. Reimbursements cannot be processed without proof of payment and proof of certification/recertification. Proof of payment must to be in the form of an official receipt from the certifying agency or organization offering the exam/certification and must clearly reference payment for the applicant’s fees. If another source is making partial reimbursement, proof of the amount of that reimbursement is required from that source.
New Reimbursements Approved!
Effective December 16, 2016, the Training Trust Fund will reimburse the full cost of the ETCP exam ($550). Anyone applying for reimbursement for exams taken after December 16, 2016 can submit for the full cost of the ETCP exam.
On April 20, 2016, the Board of Trustees approved reimbursement for the cost of CTS renewal. Individuals who submitted for their CTS renewal on or after April 20, 2016 are eligible for the renewal reimbursement.
Reimbursement for the ETCP Portable Power Distribution Technician certification was also approved. This is a new certification and exams taken and passed after July 15, 2016 will be eligible for reimbursement.
Don't forget that InfoComm members pay reduced fees to take the CTS & ETCP exams. Register for the IATSE TTF/InfoComm Partnership today!
- Photocopy or scanned official certification and proof of payment must accompany application.
- Proof of payment must to be in the form of an official receipt from the certifying agency or organization offering the exam/certification and must clearly reference payment for the applicant’s fees.
- Reimbursement applications must be submitted within 6 months or within the calendar year of the exam being taken.
- This is a first-come, first-served program as the budget permits.
Approved Certifications and Amount:
- AED Certification – up to $100 | Adult First Aid/CPR/AED courses are offered through the American Red Cross and Canadian Red Cross.
- CTS Certification & Recertification – up to $300 (full cost of exam)
- ETCP Certification & Recertification – up to $550 | Arena Rigger, Theater Rigger, Entertainment Electrician, Portable Power Distribution Technician (full cost of exam)
- SPRAT Certification & Recertification – up to $1,600
Review courses and other fees incurred during the certification/re-certification process are not reimbursable. Please view the Policies and Procedures for Beneficiaries and New Program Policies and Procedures for Supported Courses and Exam Reimbursement for more information about the reimbursement program.
All requests for reimbursement must be submitted using the Certification Reimbursement Application and must include proof of payment and proof of certification. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the processing of reimbursements.
HOW TO FILL OUT the Application
The Certification Reimbursement Application is a fillable PDF form. Fillable PDF forms must be downloaded, saved to a folder or desktop, and filled out using a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please save your completely filled out form and attach the file when you email us. You can also print the form and fax or mail it to us. Required fields are outlined in red.