Funding for Locals
We offer reimbursements to local unions setting up their own safety and craft skills courses. Reimbursements are intended to help cover a part of the costs of providing group trainings requested by local workers or signatory employers making contributions to the TTF. Course reimbursement is limited to make funds available to as many locals as possible, and we may not be able to support your application at the full amount requested.
HOW dO wE aPPLY?
The local union president, treasurer, BA, or training coordinator must submit a Course Reimbursement Application for consideration before the training takes place in accordance with the application schedule. We can't consider applications for past courses. Course Reimbursement funds are available for safety and craft skills group trainings of at least five students. We encourage you to accept as many students as possible to your courses to maximize funding and resources.
aPPLICATION Submission Schedule
Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis. To ensure that your application is reviewed and approved without issues, make sure that your submission meets the necessary requirements:
- The Course Reimbursement Application is completed and submitted by an officer other than the individual listed as a trainer on the application.
- A description of the course content, outline of topics covered, and instructor bio are attached to the application.
- The application and supporting documents are submitted by the deadline to allow time for review and processing.
Generally, new applications will be reviewed within two weeks after the application due date. However, depending on the time of year and volume of submissions received, it may take longer. Once we review and approve your application, we will email you the approved amount within four weeks after the application due date.
If your submission is missing any documents, you will be asked to resubmit your application.
What Else Should We Know?
We can only reimburse expenses described and itemized on the application, so we suggest you get a quote from the instructor or vendor before the training. If we approve your Course Reimbursement Application, we will email you the amount of approved funds and explain the process for submitting supporting documentation after the course. We may not be able to support your application at the full amount requested. Course funding is limited so that funds are available to as many locals as possible to help support their training.
Once Course Reimbursement funding is approved, your local's course will be listed on our Course Calendar and people will be instructed to contact you directly if they're interested in attending your course. You are not obligated to accept IATSE workers from outside your local, but it can be a good way to fill a course with extra seats.
We may not be able to reimburse your local for courses that do not meet the minimum student requirement of five students. After the training, your local will submit the TTF expense report, instructor invoice, itemized receipts, and TTF provided daily sign-in sheets for reimbursement processing. Reimbursements are based on itemized receipts, so if the amount spent is less than the pre-approved amount, only the actual amount spent is reimbursed. Click here to see a sample of how the expense report should be filled out.
- The Course Reimbursement Application is completed, signed, and submitted by an officer other than the individual listed as a trainer on the application, and is submitted by the deadline along with a course description, outline of topics covered, and instructor bio.
- You must submit your expense report with supporting documentation for approved Course Reimbursement requests within 45 days of completion of the training. After 45 days, the approved Course Reimbursement funds will be forfeited and redistributed to other locals who apply for Course Reimbursement.
- Courses must meet the minimum student requirement of five students.
- Approved courses must take place within the year in which they are originally scheduled. Approved funds can't be transferred to a course or year different from what is approved.
- If you need to change the date of a course after it's approved, you must contact us as soon as possible to avoid funds being redistributed.
- We can't consider applications for courses that have already taken place.
- We can't reimburse any course expenses without daily sign-in sheets.
- When you submit your sign-in sheets and supporting documentation for reimbursement, we'll upload the sign-in sheets to the Training Tracker for you.
HOW TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION
The Course Reimbursement Application is a fillable PDF form and must be filled out and signed by the local union president, secretary treasurer, BA, or training coordinator. The officer completing and submitting the application must be an officer other than the individual listed as a trainer on the application. Click here to see a sample of a complete Course Reimbursement Application.
Applications will not be reviewed unless a description of the course content, outline of topics covered, and instructor bio are attached. Please allow up to four weeks for processing.
Download and save the fillable PDF form, fill it out using a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, and save your completely filled out and signed form before attaching the file and supporting documentation when you email us: email@example.com.