Safety First! Online Courses
The Safety First! Online Courses promote safe working conditions by providing information, tools, and resources to recognize potential hazards and minimize risks. Case studies from the various crafts are included, making the curriculum relevant across the IATSE workforce. The Safety First! courses are available in two formats:
- Workers: Individual workers can take the online courses in whichever order they'd like and start or stop at any point and pick up where they left off on any computer or mobile device.
- Locals: Local trainers approved to use the Safety First! Curriculum can access the Instructor Led Training (ILT) website to teach in a group setting using audio narration. Trainers can facilitate the interactive group course by muting the narration if they wish or pausing to discuss their own subject matter experiences.
This is the same material as the Safety First! books reformatted as interactive, online courses. Introduction to Basic Entertainment Safety, Ergonomics, and Rigging Safety are available now, and new courses will be automatically added to your account as they become available. Additional courses include: Biological Hazards; Hazard Communication: Workplace Chemicals; Chemical Protection; Electrical Safety; Fall Prevention and Protection; Elevated Work Platforms and Aerial Lifts; Scaffold Safety; Noise Exposure; Confined Space/Small Space Awareness; Firearms Safety; Hand and Portable Power Tools; Compressed Gases; and Welding and Cutting.
How do WE APPLY?
IATSE Workers: Submit the Safety First! Online Courses Application to email@example.com. We will email your unique password within a few days. Use this password to log into your account and start taking courses.
Local Unions: A local officer will submit the Safety First! Curriculum Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email your local's credentials and a link to the Instructor Led Training (ILT) site. Use your local username and password to log into your account and start presenting courses.
For Safety First! Online Course Technical Support, call 818-655-0737 or email email@example.com.
Read these important tips before taking the courses
1. These courses are optimized for use on a computer, laptop, or tablet. While the courses will display on your phone (iPhone and Android), we do not recommend using these devices to complete the courses as the interactive activities will not work properly.
2. You may experience issues with internet connectivity when using mobile data. Make sure you have a good internet connection when taking these courses.
3. To ensure your course progress in the course is saved, always exit the course by clicking on the exit course button at the top right hand corner of your browser before closing your browser window. If you must use a mobile device, your work will not save unless you click exit course.