Are You Ready to Become a Trainer?
Over the past two years, 300 IATSE workers from 80 locals across the US and Canada have attended the TTF Train the Trainer! Has your local participated? Do you have the skills and techniques to tailor course materials and program delivery to your workers? Our next workshop is in Las Vegas, NV. Apply today!
Why You Should Attend
- Learn how to conduct a needs assessment, develop learning targets, and create lesson plans
- Learn the basics of adult learning theory and instructional design methods
- Learn effective training techniques for connecting with IATSE workers, checking for understanding, and coaching for improvement
Calgary, AB Recap
So what happens at the Train the Trainer workshops? Here’s a sample of the lessons new and experienced trainers presented in Calgary this month:
- Sheila Pruden, Local 873: How to lace up a corset
- Dave Brown, Local 856: Firearms safety
- Joe Topuschak, Local 295: Rigging terms safety
- Braden Haggerty, Local 891: Dive safety hand signals
Thanks go out to our excellent hosts at Local 212 for helping us organize the workshop: President Damian Petti, Education Coordinator Trisha Weeks, and Union Rep Gie Roberts.