Free Networking Technology Online Course Through IATSE TTF/InfoComm Partnership
Did you know that you can take free online courses through the IATSE TTF/InfoComm Partnership? When you register for InfoComm membership through the TTF, you can access free and discounted training and seminars, free event and trade show admittance, networking opportunities, tools, and resources for AV professionals. Free, online courses include AV Math Online, CTS Prep Online, Essentials of AV Technology, Event Setup for AV Techs Online, InfoComm-Recognized AV Technologist Test, Project Management for AV Online, Quick Start to the AV Industry Online, and now, you can also take Networking Technology Online free of charge!
This is an interactive core knowledge course for all AV professionals. You will learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective, while gaining the tools you need to have a meaningful conversation with your IT peers. Downloadable labs also allow you to explore networking concepts on your own computer to see how they work.
Who Should Take This Course
AV professionals, who design, implement, maintain or manage networked AV systems, including:
- Designers who use network infrastructure for signal transportation or control
- Installers who connect gear to a network or configure network settings
- Service providers who troubleshoot network-connected systems
- Candidates for any CTS® certification needing extra study on networking
- Students intending to take the advanced course Networked AV Systems
- Any AV professional who wants to prepare for the future of AV
It is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology before taking this course.
This online class lets you learn at your own pace, while testing your knowledge along the way. During this course, you will:
- Review how to discuss AV network requirements with your IT stakeholders
- Compare and contrast the most common network-based AV transmission protocols
- Interpret IP addresses and subnets
- Identify network security threats and countermeasures
- Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting
Further Study: Networked AV Systems (NAVS)